Alright, procrastinators! This one’s for you. If you’ve got a beer enthusiast on your gift list, I’ve got some ideas that will be sure to please even the nerdiest beer geek in your life. Just browse through this last minute Holiday gift guide for beer lovers.
It’s easy to assemble a gift basket bursting with all kinds of beer related goodies! Buy a basket at your local craft store, or recycle a box from a case of beer to load with your treasures. Your loved one’s favorite local brewery is a great place stock up on beer, t-shirts, hats, glassware, and perhaps a gift card to fill your basket. Some breweries have gift baskets already assemble for you, but it’s not hard to assemble one of your own. Fill your box or basket with confetti, tissue paper, or even wadded newspaper, and arrange items in the soft nest of packing. You can also use an empty 6-pack holder and simply replace some of the beer slots with elements like a rolled up t-shirt, beanie, or glass. Attach a bottle opener keychain along with the gift tag. Many breweries also sell reusable tote bags and bottle carriers that can make great gifts. Fill with beer; add a pretty ribbon or bow, and voila! You’ve got a great gift that any beer drinker would be happy to receive!
A growler of fresh beer can be a great gift. Add a set of pint glasses and you’re really set! There are some great options these days, besides the standard glass jug, that keep the beer fresher for longer. Just remember that any full growler has a shelf life. Typically, the beer will only last 2-4 days after being filled before it goes flat, so don’t buy in advance! Your beer devotee will be able to refill his/her growler time after time. It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
Gifts for Brewers or the Brew Curious
Do you have a brewer or aspiring brewer on your list? Head over to your local brewing supply store! In Salt Lake City, The Beer Nut is a great option for amazing gifts to please the super beer geek. I found some real gems there! A backyard yeast wrangling tool kit was one of the most interesting and affordable options. If you want to spend a little more and really delight your brewer, get them a shiny new keg or a floor standing burner to allow them to get out of the kitchen and do some outdoor brewing. For the wannabe brewer, there are some amazing starter kits available and a selection of books on the ins and outs of the process. They say, “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime!”
Many of the breweries I visited had a cycling jersey or even a full kit available for purchase. A good bike jersey is a very nice gift indeed! You can ride your bike while representing your favorite brewery. What more could you want? How about an insulated pint glass or flask? As a mountain biker, I like to buy beer in cans to enjoy after my ride. A small cooler and a beer koozie are absolute necessities! If I do pack a bottle, I need a stashable bottle opener and an unbreakable stainless steel pint glass to fully enjoy the brew.
Check your local bookstore or shop Amazon for these great titles:
- Tasting Beer by Randy Mosher
- The Beer Wench’s Guide to Beer: An Unpretentious Guide to Craft Beer by Ashley V. Routson
- The Craft Beer Cookbook: From IPAs and Bocks to Pilsners and Porters, 100 Artisanal Recipes for Cooking with Beer by Jacquelyn Dodd
- Beer Pairing: The Essential Guide from the Pairing Pros by Julia Herz and Gwen Conley
- The Beer Bible by Jeff Alworth
- How to Brew: Everything You Need To Know To Brew Beer Right The First Time by John J. Palmer
- The Complete Beer Course: Boot Camp for Beer Geeks: From Novice to Expert in Twelve Tasting Classes by Joshua M. Bernstein
Here are some great options I found on Amazon. If you order these quick, they’ll arrive before Christmas!
- Bottle Cap Collector’s USA Beer Cap Map
- Insulated Beer Mug
- Neoprene 6-Pack Bottle Holder
- Beer Flight! 6-ounce 5-piece Glass Set
- Personalized Craft Beer Bottle Cooler (12-pack)
- Pure Copper Moscow Mule Mug (set of 4)
For a full gallery of gift ideas, visit our Crafty Beer Girls Facebook Page. Happy shopping!
My shopping Stops
- 2 Row Brewing 6856 S 300 W, Midvale, UT
- Bohemian Brewery 94 East Fort Union Blvd, Midvale, UT
- Epic Brewing 825 State Street, Salt Lake City, UT
- Harmons Grocery (Brickyard, 7th Street)
- Red Rock Beer Store 443 N 400 W, Salt Lake City, UT, Downtown Pub 254 200 W, Salt Lake City, UT
- Squatters/Wasatch 1763 S 300 W, Salt Lake City, UT
- The Beer Nut 1200 State Street, Salt Lake City, UT
- Uinta Brewing 1722 Fremont Dr, Salt Lake City, UT